Saturday, December 19, 2015

TESOL 2016

So I've been invited to Baltimore, and I'd like to invite everyone to the presentation, which is on Friday April 8, I believe; I'll confirm that as soon as possible.

In the past year I've had several high-level writing classes, and I've been consumed with the proposition that their writing system involves technology in a way that is simply not always clear to me. I can ask them, cajole them, beg them to tell me about it, and maybe they won't. It could be that they suspect that I won't approve, and they just don't want to divulge the details. Another possibility is that their system actually changes a lot, from time to time, and they don't want to characterize it in one way or the other.

In particular I've become interested in the concordance, and its various applications. More on this later. See you in Baltimore!

No comments:

Post a Comment